This Is The Best Helmet Available
Having an ATV helmet is something that shouldn’t be forgotten. A good helmet is, in my opinion, the most important thing that you could buy other than the ATV itself. and I have said that a few times already in this webpage but it’s just that the head is such a fragile and important part of the body. so you should protect it properly! especially when riding fast or on uneven terrain.
After going through several helmets, both good and bad, I’m happy to tell you that I have found the perfect helmet for the price. this helmet is the O’Neal 2SERIES Men’s SPYDE Helmet (Click Here To Check Price On Amazon). I think this is the PERFECT choice for anybody looking for a good balance between protection, lightness, comfort, and price. the helmet is also very stylish! I bought it on Amazon and I think I’ll keep buying this exact model for years to come.
I have used several helmets over the years, some quite good and other not so much. it’s very important that you take your time to look for something that actually fits you and is comfortable. we are talking about safety after all. so I recommend that you try not to go with the first option that you see at the store or on Amazon. a cheap 25$ helmet won’t protect you much after all.
The main pro of this helmet is simply the ridiculous quality for the price. this quad has the protection and comfort a high-end helmet, but it won’t break the bank like a more premium helmet would. the O’Neal 2SERIES has a lot of value for the money.
There are a few other good choices when it comes to helmets, but what I really need to let you know is that buying a cheap, generic helmet will not protect you properly, and also it will not last long! so you are going to be forced to buy a second one quickly. so I recommend you that you just buy 1 high-quality helmet so that you are done with it and don’t have to worry about the durability of the helmet.
What to look for in a helmet:
- Comfort: It doesn’t matter if you bought the best helmet on the whole planet, if it’s not very comfortable, then you are probably going to forget about it and not wear it! so it’s important to get a helmet with an ergonomic fit! this way you can ensure that you can use the helmet for hours and hours without feeling any discomfort.
- Ventilation: Especially important during summer months, having a helmet with appropriate ventilation means a more comfortable ride, and it also means that you get a more aerodynamic helmet, which is great for both newbies and serious riders alike.
- Price: Most people would like to have the lightest, most protective helmet available, but the very best will also cost a lot, and 99% percent of us aren’t exactly willing to shell out thousands for a helmet. thankfully, there are a lot of good value options on the market.
- Style: Most helmets as of 2018 feature very pretty and flashy graphics so getting something that you like and that fits the colors of your jersey and ATV shouldn’t be a problem!
- Weight: Heavy Helmets are a big no-no! over the years there have been several improvements in material strength and that means that finding a lightweight helmet is very easy these days.
Other Good helmets worth considering:
Bell Moto-9 Off Road (Click to check price): If you are somebody who rides on hot environments often, then this is your helmet! the great thing about this helmet is the superior ventilation compared the other options on this list. I have used this helmet before, and let me tell you, your face and head is cooler than with most other helmets. it’s also quite good looking if you ask me. this one’s going to be a little bit more expensive than the O’Neal but depending on where you live it might be worth it.
Woljay Dual Sport Off-Road (Click to check price): For anyone looking for something a bit more affordable, then this might be a good option. this helmet provides adequate protection for the price. but the thing that I don’t like about it is that it’s a little bit uncomfortable, maybe because it doesn’t have enough padding or foam. but you can’t ask for everything at that price point!
Other things to keep in mind
- Avoid buying used helmets: Many an ATV rider has tried to save a few pennies getting a second-hand helmet from craigslist or even borrowing Uncle Bob’s old helmet even though it’s super tight. but I don’t recommend doing this because you don’t how if the interior components of the helmets are broken or worn. get a new helmet to avoid any hassle.
- Avoid super cheap helmets: any helmets under 50$ is likely to be a piece of crap. these cheap helmets will usually compromise on aerodynamics and ventilation to save costs but that affects the protective power and the quality of the helmet. most of these cheap helmets will also provide inferior styling and ergonomics. you get what you pay for.
- Make sure that the helmet fits you snugly: getting something that actually fits you is also really important! so if you have a very big or very small head, it might be wise to check out the helmet that you are going to buy at a physical store to verify that it fits you properly